Hiring Geeks That Fit: Develop Your Recruiting Engine
Workshop Objective: Hiring the right people at the right time in a high technology company remains a challenge even to experienced managers. This workshop prepares technical managers (or the HR folks who work with technical managers) for the preparation and hiring of people into the organization.
Workshop Overview: This workshop walks you through a pragmatic approach to defining a hiring strategy, analyzing the job, advertising for the job, planning the interview, checking references, and making an offer.
This workshop is based on Johanna’s book, Hiring Geeks That Fit. Each participant will receive a copy of the book as part of the workshop.
Target Audience: Hiring managers, HR staff, and any technical people who are an integral part of the hiring process.
Workshop Duration: 1, 2, or 3 days, depending on how much time you want to spend on defining how many different jobs, how to source people, and how to pre-screen and reference check.
- Develop a hiring strategy
- How culture and cultural fit affects the hiring process
- Analyze the job
- 11 steps to analyzing the job
- Writing a job description and an ad
- Writing the job description
- Writing the advertisement
- Sourcing candidates
- Planning the interview and follow-up with the interview team
- Developing a phone screen
- Planning the interview
- Selecting an interview team
- How to obtain feedback from the interview team
- Checking references and making an offer
- Three techniques to checking references
- Develop and deliver an offer
- The first day
- Wrap-up and feedback
Contact me for the extended description.