I’ve written these books:
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding the Real Value in Your Project Portfolio
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start and Finish
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects
- Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management
- Hiring the Best Knowledge Workers, Techies & Nerds: The Secrets and Science of Hiring Technical People
- Corrective Action for the Software Industry
- Amplifying Your Effectiveness (I have two essays in this book)
Scaling agile or lean projects to a program is difficult. Dictating to a program doesn’t work. What does? Autonomy, collaboration, and exploration. Learn how to become an agile and lean program manager or become a valued member of a program team and collaborate across the organization. Read more about Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization.
Have you ever been asked, “How much will this project cost?” Or, “How long will this project take?” If so, you should read this book.
Not sure where to start with your job search? Treat it like the project it is. Full of tips, stories, and humor, Johanna Rothman will help you apply pragmatic project management techniques to your job search so that you take control and find fulfilling work.
If you want your project and organization to succeed, you need great people. These people will adapt to what comes their way, to think. They will solve problems without you having to tell them how.
Read about Hiring Geeks That Fit.
You can evaluate projects by value, stopping them when they have achieved enough value. You can stop the multitasking.
This book is a reality-based guide for modern projects. You’ll learn how to recognize your project’s potholes and ruts, and determine the best way to fix problems—without causing more problems.
Read all about Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management.
Want to see how a great manager manages?
That’s what Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management shows and teaches you.
Hiring the Best Knowledge Workers, Techies & Nerds: The Secrets and Science of Hiring Technical People
Good technical people are the foundation on which successful high technology organizations are built. Establishing a good process for hiring such workers is essential. Take a look at more of the preface from Hiring the Best Knowledge Workers, Techies & Nerds: The Secrets and Science of Hiring Technical People.
You might be one of the many folks confused about corrective action and how to make it work.
See Corrective Action for the Software Industry for a clear explanation and templates.
We wrote this book for the first AYE conference.The variety of techniques and perspectives represented in the book will help you amplify your effectiveness—whether or not you are able to attend the live event. See Amplifying Your Effectiveness for more information.