Anton Bangratz made my day today with his post, Management Myths Debunked by Johanna Rothman. He really liked Working Long? Rethink Why. I liked his reaction. Actually, I loved his reaction. Happy dance.
The myths to date are here:
- The Myth of 100% Utilization
- Only the ‘Expert’ Can Perform This Work
- We Must Treat Everyone the Same Way
- I Don’t Need One-on-ones
- We Must Have an Objective Ranking System
- I Can Save Everyone
- I Am Too Valuable to Take a Vacation
- I Can Still Do Significant Technical Work
- We Have No Time for Training
- I Can Measure the Work by the Time People Spend at Work
I have been writing a myth a month. At some point, I am planning to collect these myths and turn them into a book. Are you interested? I was a little stuck on the title, but I think Anton has helped me with that. Debunking might be an excellent start. I’m interested in your feedback.
Thank you, Anton.
Tags: management myth, project management