Are you having trouble managing your product development or software projects? Are you having trouble finishing work?
- Are you swamped?
- Do you have way more than 40 hours of work sitting on your desk—and they've been there for months?
- Are your projects late?
- Do you want to move to some form of agile approach, and you'd like to know what it would take?
- Do you want to know the pros and cons of the various agile and lean approaches? For projects and/or programs? Collocated or distributed?
- Do your products disappoint your customers?
- Are you losing great people?
- Are you having trouble hiring great people?
I can help.
I'm a management consultant for software managers and leaders. I can help you solve your problems and seize the opportunities you know exist—but can't find yet.
Through my management consulting services, I help you identify your unique strengths and manage your weaknesses, whether it's managing your projects, hiring technical people, leadership skill development, or managing risk. I suggest options for you, and then you decide on an appropriate set of actions. If you like, I help you plan how to accomplish those activities and coach you through those changes.
(Here's a link to Collection of My Rapidly Remote and Managing in Uncertainty Writing. I continue to write, so I'm updating it as I publish more.)
I offer customized workshops for:
- Project management for teams and project managers (based on my books). My “traditional” pragmatic project management workshop helps you use the best of all approaches. My agile/lean project management workshop helps you use the best of agile and lean.
- Program management
- How to Hire Exceptional People with an Eye Towards Culture
- Project portfolio management
- Agile and Lean Product Ownership
- Distributed/remote agile teams
I offer interactive workshops for all managers and leaders in the organization: project management training, program management training, building your hiring skills and interviewing skills, leading people, and adaptable problem-solving.
I offer Agile training also: Deliver What the Business Needs Using Agile and Lean Project Management training, how to make the transition to Agile project management, and Hiring for an Agile team. I also offer a simulation-based workshop, Making Geographically Distributed Agile Projects Work for those of you attempting to move to agile with teams all over the world. If you have agile projects working and want to make the organization congruent with the projects, consider Designing the Agile Organization.
Take a look at my Online Workshops for building your writing and product ownership skills.
If you're not ready for an entire workshop, I can customize parts of the workshops as a speaking engagement for you.
My philosophy is that people want to do a good job, they just don't always know what they are supposed to do, nor how to do it.
Want to talk? Book a Meeting With Me.