You’ve tried to use an off-the-shelf approach to agile techniques, and it’s not working. Instead of a standard method or framework, work from agile and lean principles to design your own agile approach in a way that works for you. Build collaborative, cross-functional teams. See how small batch sizes and frequent delivery create an environment of trust and transparency between the team, management, and customers. Learn about the interpersonal skills that help agile teams work together so well.
In addition to seeing work and knowing what “done” means, you’ll see examples of many possible team-based measurements. Look at tools you can use for status reporting, and how to use those measurements to help your managers understand what agile techniques buy them. Recognize the traps that prevent agile principles from working in too many organizations, and what to do about those traps. Use agile techniques for workgroups, and see what managers can do to create and nurture an agile culture. You might be surprised at how few meetings and rituals you need to still work in an agile way.
Johanna’s signature frankness and humor will get you on the right track to design your agile project to succeed.
Here's the supplemental pdf with all the images for the audiobook: SupplementalMaterialsCYSAP.
The brief Table of Contents:
- Why Agile and Lean Approaches Work
- Part 1: Create a Successful Agile Team:
- Build the Cross-Functional, Collaborative Team
- Build Teamwork with Interpersonal Practices
- Agile requires Different Project Leadership
- Part 2: Design and Manage an Agile and Lean Project
- Start Your Agile Project Right
- Teams Deliver Features
- Rank the Work
- Visualize Your Work with a Board
- Create Technical Excellence
- Agile Estimation: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Know What “Done” Means
- Agile Team Measurements
- Help Your Meetings Provide Value
- Report Your Project State
- Part 3: Help Work Groups and Managers Use Agile
- Create an Agile Work Group
- How Managers Help Agile Teams
- Start Somewhere
The book is done! You can get the ebook and print as a bundle at the Prags.
Barnes and Noble: Create Your Successful Agile Project