Distributed agile teams have a terrible reputation. They don’t deliver “on time,” and too often, they don’t deliver what the customer needs. However, most agile teams, have at least one remote team member. And, agile approaches are here to stay.
Don’t blindly apply agile practices designed for collocated teams. Instead, learn to use three mindset shifts and the agile and lean principles to create your successful distributed agile team. Use the tips and traps to help your team succeed.
Leave the chaos of virtual teams behind. See how to help your distributed team succeed.
The brief Table of Contents:
- Distributed Agile Teams Are Here to Stay
- Focus on Principles to Support Your Distributed Agile Teams
- Avoid Chaos with Insufficient Hours of Overlap
- Identify Your Distributed Agile Team Type
- Communicate to Collaborate
- Create Your Collaborative Team Workspace
- Cultivate Your Distributed Team's Agile Culture
- Build Respect with Working Agreements
- Adapt Practices for Distributed Agile Teams
- Integrate New People into Your Distributed Agile Team
- Lead Your Agile Teams to Success
Each chapter has traps and suggestions for what you can try right now. We also have appendices explaining how we worked, the Compass activity, and the bibliography and glossary.
Buy the book here:
Here's a universal book link, especially if you buy books from a different distributor than above: books2read.com/SDAT.
Have the audiobook and want the supplemental materials? Click on this link SupplementalMaterialsforSDAT and save to your drive.
We offer online, self-study workshops.
Podcasts for your listening pleasure:
- SPaMCAST 540 – From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams, An Interview with Mark Kilby and Johanna Rothman (Tom Cagley is the host.)
- From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams with SolutionsIQ
- Scrum Master Toolbox BONUS: Johanna Rothman and Mark Kilby share tips on how to help Distributed teams succeed.
- Bob Payne's Agile Toolkit
- Agile Thought Podcast 36: From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams
- Collaboration SuperPowers 87: Organize Your Distributed Team
- TeamGantt 25: Distributed Teams with Johanna Rothman
- Agile Uprising: From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams with Johanna Rothman and Mark Kilby
- Agile Uprising: Work in the Time of Coronavirus with Lisette Sutherland, Mark Kilby, Johanna Rothman