A couple of weeks ago in Positive Results With One-on-Ones, I let you know Esther and I would be running public workshops soon. We are finally ready to announce the workshop.
July 10-12, 2006, in Minneapolis, we will hold the first Behind Closed Doors: Managing One-on-One workshop. Interested? Here's the flyer (PDF). I'll be adding a workshop page to my site later today. I'll update this post when it's done.
This is a workshop for managers, project managers, and technical leads. Here's what we'll be exploring and practicing in the workshop:
- How people really take in information and where things can go wrong, how to recognize when an interaction is off track, and what to do about it.
- How to actively listen to what someone else is saying.
- How to give–and receive–effective feedback.
- How and when to coach and mentor.
- What issues to address in career development and how to address them.
- How to build trust with each person in your group.
- How to have effective one-on-one meetings.
If you ever work with people in a managerial capacity (whether you're called a manager or not :-), this workshop is for you. Email me if you have questions.