I hope you use these ideas to generate other ideas or ask more questions and create more experiments.
The posts on this blog:
- 7 Tool Tips for Your Newly Distributed or Remote Team (tool-focused and includes your sense of humor.)
- Three Tips for Managing Your Newly-Remote Day (your schedule)
- This Is Not and Cannot Be “Business as Usual” (Manage your expectations)
- Five Meeting Tips for Newly-Remote Teams (meetings!)
- Five Tips for Managers of Newly Dispersed Teams (ideas for managers)
- We Won’t Return to Normal; We Will Discover Normal (expectations and experiments)
- Radical Remote Tip: No Standups
- Optimize for Respectful Remote Meetings
- Rework Online Training Series (6 posts that describe how I approach online training and what I can and cannot do.)
I also wrote a series about Team Resilience. I urge you to work as a team (feature team, management team, any kind of a team) as you can, instead of working alone.
Mark Kilby and I were guests on several podcasts during this time: Podcasts About Remote Teams
- Three Tips for Coping when Change Might Make You Nuts (Start with Yourself)
- Three Tips for Coping when Change Might Make You Nuts (Support Others)
- Three Tips for Coping When You’re Supposed to Lead
- Three Ways to Rethink Your Business
BTW, if you think you subscribe to the Pragmatic Manager and you didn't receive these posts, “something is wrong.” Please check your various mailboxes or your IT rules or let me know. I use ConvertKit to deliver emails and several of my subscribers do not receive the newsletters. If you are one of these people, email me and we can debug it.
Posts on the Create an Adaptable Life site:
- Which Risks Can You Manage?
- Where Are You in Your Changes? (A longer-than-normal post on that site, examining where you might be in your changes.)
- What Can You Create Now?
- How Resilient is Your Family?
- How Can You Prevent Your Fear From Limiting Your Options?
- How Can You Create Boundaries?
- Can We Choose for the Common Good?
- When Do We Choose the Social Contract & When Do We Choose the Economic Contract?
You might also like What’s the Difference Between Resilience and Adaptability?
I'll continue to update this summary post as I write more.
(Question: Would you like me to collect these in a small book? Would that be useful to you?)