Are you a consultant or other entrepreneur? If so, you know that you can improve your visibility, marketing, and selling by writing. Writing articles and books can help people look for you, your ideas, products and services.
You sell yourself through your writing.
Does this describe your writing experience so far:
- You know what you want to say, and you’re not sure how to say it.
- You look at a blank page and wonder, “What the heck should I say?”
- You’ve started any number of articles or books and haven’t finished any or enough.
- You have articles, and you’re not sure where to place them for maximum effect.
If so, this workshop is for you.
I started my consulting business in 1994. I knew I had to speak and write to earn the kind of living I wanted. I started writing articles in 1997. I published my first book in 2004 and have since published 10 more books. People know me through my writing and what my writing says about me. My writing sells me, my consulting services and workshops.
When you write, your writing can sell you, too.
If you’re not sure how to write or what to write, this course is for you. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Session 1: Benefits of writing. How to make writing a habit. How to improve your writing throughput.
- Session 2: How to decide what to write about. How to structure an article. What great articles look like.
- Session 3: The difference between writing and editing. Tools to make editing easier. The value of other people as reviewers.
- Session 4: How to get published. Benefits of publishing your work yourself. Benefits of publishing on other sites. How to approach people to place your writing.
- Session 5: Tips and traps. How to find accountability for yourself.
Each session is 60 minutes. You will have homework after each session. Plan on about 1.5 hours of homework each week. We’ll have an online discussion group so you can share your successes and challenges with your peers in the workshop. You have permanent access to this group.
You will have the option to provide a to-the-group accountability. You can track the time and/or the number of words you write every day. You will be able to see your habits, what’s working for you, and what doesn’t work for you.
I will review your writing each week and provide you feedback. I will be the only one providing feedback. This workshop is not a group critique session. I am the only one who will provide you feedback.
We will focus on writing that sells you, your ideas, and products/services. This workshop is non-fiction writing for consultants and entrepreneurs.
Here are testimonials about my technical editing work and the workshop:
“… Johanna is fun to work with” — John Ryskowski
“Her creative thinking, expertise, and her honest, to-the-point feedback made her an absolute pleasure to work with” — Nishi Grover Garg
” With Johanna’s guidance, I was able to give proper structure to my article & she paid close attention towards contents & helped me understand the concepts during [the] review process. She went beyond her role as technical editor (Agileconnection.com) & acted as wonderful tutor.” — Sharat Bhat
“I feel like Johanna has given me my voice back. I was so terrified of having nothing to say, being unoriginal, and not writing well, I was paralyzed. Johanna gently and firmly encouraged us to get in the habit of writing. She gave us coaching on writing well and gave us feedback on the writing that we submitted to her. It seemed many others in the class had the same fears that I had, and she helped us all with that. She encouraged us to keep writing and that in fact, the ONLY way to push through those fears is to keep writing. Since taking the course I’ve posted several professional articles that have appeared on popular websites. I’ve learned that writing helps me articulate my thoughts and get them out of my brain, where they were spinning around and taking up space. I’ve learned that the only way to deal with the inner critic is to power through. I will be forever grateful that I took Johanna’s class, and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to start writing or wants to take their writing to the next level.” — Sara Baca, Agile Coach, Nerdy Knights
“I really enjoyed Johanna’s writing non-fiction workshop. The content was all relevant and the positive effect on my writing was immediate. Johanna helped me to see the value in what I write, and gain the confidence to actually publish.” — Steven Riddle
“The workshop was focused and helped me see how to pace myself to write daily. I received a detailed, thoughtful, focused, helpful review of what I had written, pointing out strengths and opportunities for improvement. Her suggestions encouraged me to improve my work versus tossing it into the trash heap.” — Anthony Akins, Agile Coach, CA Technologies
We will meet for the sessions on Wednesdays starting in 2017:
- January 4
- January 11
- January 18
- January 25
- Feb 1
All sessions will start at 2pm Eastern. (Are you in Europe or points East? Let me know. I might have enough people to start another workshop in my morning/your afternoon.)
Here is a recap of the benefits:
- Learn how to practice writing.
- Learn to structure great articles that people associate with you, your work, and your value.
- Learn that writer’s block is a fake and what to do if you think you have it. (You won’t after this workshop.)
- Learn the difference between writing and editing.
- Develop a peer group of writers. Lifetime access to the people in your group.
- Learn where to place your writing for maximum benefit.
I limit registration to 10 people, so I can provide you the best learning environment.
This is a virtual workshop. You can join from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
Super early bird pricing: $425, up until Nov 18, 2016
Early bird pricing: $525 November 19-December 16, or until we fill the workshop.
Just in time pricing: $625 December 16- January 3, 2017, or until we fill the workshop.
I use Stripe as a payment processor. They take your credit card over https and encrypt everything. Your card info is safe with them.Tags: coaching, consulting, entrepreneur, writing