A Refreshing Learning Experience for Software Managers
A management workshop developed and led by Johanna Rothman and Esther Derby based on their popular and pragmatic book, Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management.
More than salary, perks, or a spacious cubicle, an employee’s relationship with his or her direct supervisor determines work satisfaction and productivity. A manager’s ability to focus and leverage work affects everyone’s productivity. In this workshop, we’ll explore how to build strong and productive working relationships, one interaction at a time.
In our three days together, we’ll explore and practice:
- How people really take in information and where things can go wrong, how to recognize when an interaction is off track, and what to do about it.
- How to actively listen to what someone else is saying.
- How to give—and receive—effective feedback.
- How and when to coach and mentor.
- What issues to address in career development and how to address them.
- How to build trust with each person in your group.
- How to have effective one-on-one meetings.
Audience: Managers and technical leaders who wish to hone their communication, feedback, and coaching skills to develop strong working relationships.
Logistics: Minneapolis, Minnesota, April 23-25, 2007. The workshop runs from 9am-5pm each day. We’ll also have informal sessions Monday and Tuesday evening.
We will have a maximum of 20 participants to ensure your specific questions and needs are addressed and answered.
Fees: Tuition for the workshop is $1600 per person. A deposit of $500 will reserve your place; the full fee is payable by April 6, 2007.
We offer a group discount when four people from the same company register at the same time: $1520 per person.
Tuition after April 7, 2006 is $1,700 (if space is still available).
This is the first of a series of workshops. Look for Managing the Project Portfolio (2 days), Facilitation Essentials for Managers (2 days), and Self-Awareness for Managers (3 days) in the future.
Here’s the flyer with the registration page. Questions? Contact us: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org