I'm on vacation, so I'll be blogging very little this week. In my last Pragmatic Manager email newsletter, I wrote about killing canceled projects. Here's the summary:
- Explain why you're canceling the project.
- Give people time to clean up their work before starting on their new work.
- Cancel all meetings associated with this project.
- Assign someone to handle the inevitable questions about the canceled project, preferably someone high up in management.
- Perform a project retrospective and see what people learned from this project.
- Start people on their new project as soon as they've cleaned up their work.
Bloglet readers, I'm still having trouble with bloglet… I have no idea if you'll see this post.